Grooming of your dog is very important part of pet ownership. In order to take proper care of his hygiene, you should learn basics. You can learn more new skills in dog grooming at the comfort of your home from the web. You should experiment these skills on your own dog to become an ideal dog groomer.
1. Research different dog breeds. Buy a handful of books from local book store about dog breeds and their specialties and search for the details about grooming on the web and speak to the groomer or vet personally. Also concentrate on his temperament in these studies as well as their hair length and texture and its shedding cycles.
2. Review or buy the books written on grooming for your dog. Even though dog grooming sounds a simple task, you should be aware of some important information before you try to beautify him. For instance, always brush him before take him to bathe in order to avoid pulling hair and knots which get even worse when his fur dries.
3. Search for brushes and tools of different types which can be used on fur of different types like shears or matt-splitters. These are widely used on pets who have matted fur and who have large sized knots on hair. Consider choosing brush which is best suited for his fur type.
4. Review video tutorials and other websites which can demonstrate you about proper dog grooming of different length and texture of hair.
5. Join your nearby pet grooming facility. If you don’t have any certification or degree in pet grooming, they will allow you only to bathe dogs after teaching you how to bathe them well. While working in a local grooming facility, you can see that how they care for and groom each dog. Ultimately, you will also have to deal with anxious dogs and learn about handling them.
6. Then you can experiment grooming on your dog at your home. In case you cut wrong or too short, then take him to an expert groomer and ask her how to correct these things. They will show you ideal tools for hair cutting of your dog and will explain what you should do for it.
Tips & Suggestions
· Before you groom your pet, make sure he is calm enough for him. While trimming his fur, it mostly happens that dogs get hurt. Stop cutting his hair if it is annoying him.
· There is a blood vessel in claws of dogs which is known as ‘quick’. So be careful and make sure not to cut his quick. In case of having any doubt, make sure to take him to the vet. For more dog care tips please click here.